- 2016 – California State University Chanel Islands, for “CI 2025 Vision Plan: Envisioning Our Future.”
- 2015 – Stephen Spinelli, Jr. President of Philadelphia University for “Strategic Planning at Philadelphia University.”
- 2014 – Erie (Pennsylvania) Regional Education and Training Consortium of the Erie Regional Chamber and Growth Partnership (Barbara Chaffee, President/C.E.O.).
- 2012 – Wheelock College, Mattahunt Community Center Revitalization (Adrian K. Haugabrook, Vice President).
- 2010 – Bio-Link Program (Elaine A. Johnson, Director), City College of San Francisco.
- 2009 – Excellence Through Leadership Program, Human Resources - Learning Services Office, Emory University.
- 2007 – The John R. Kernodle Center for Service Learning (Mary Morrison, Director), Elon University.
- 2006 – B. Jean Floten, President, Bellevue Community College.
- 2005 – Taking Graduate Degrees to the Region and Beyond: Success Through Simplicity and Focus, Ohio University (Stephen M. Flaherty, Associate Vice President).
- 2004 – Alternative Teacher Certification Program in Science and Mathematics, Benedictine University (Eileen Kolich, Associate Provost).
- 2003 – Indiana University Faculty Leadership Program (Susan Sciame-Giesecke, Director), Indiana University.
- 2002 – Successful Planning and Accreditation of a Two-Year – Four-Year Institution, Rogers State University (Joe A. Wiley, President).
EXEMPLARY MODELS AWARD
- 2016 – Western Governs University, for “Responsible Borrowing Initiative.”
- 2015 – Edinboro University of Pennsylvania for “Improving Quality the Expansion of the Mission of a Comprehensive State University to Better Meet Local Career-Technical Education Demands;” and DeVry University for “Creating a Supportive Community for Faculty and Staff Pursuing Doctorates.”
- 2008 – Fostering Student/Faculty Collaborations Through the ‘Research Group’ Model, Jon M. Huntsman School of Business (Kenneth R. Bartkus, Professor and Director of Undergraduate Research), Utah State University.
- 2007 – A Student Development Transcript, University of South Carolina Sumter, Lynwood Watts (Associate Dean for Student Affairs).
- 2006 – Early Enrollment Success Program, Simons Rock College of Bard (Mary B. Marcy, Provost and Vice President).
- 2006 – The Race, Hip-Hop, and Sports Learning Community at LSU (Louis Harrison Jr. and Leonard N. Moore, Directors), Louisiana State University.
- 2005 – Success Through Education Programs, School of Education (Dennis W. Spurlock, Dean), University of Houston Clear Lake.
- 2004 – iOptimize Integrated Learning System, DeVry University (Patrick Mayers, Academic Vice President)
- 2004 – Center for Community Engagement, Learning, and Leadership, Louisiana State University-Baton Rouge (Carolyn Collins, Dean of University College and Associate Vice Chancellor).
- 2002 – The Analytic Data Warehouse, University of Memphis (Gary L. Donhardt and Darla M. Keel, Directors).
KHALADJAN INTERNATIONAL AWARD
- 2016 – The Defense Language Institute Foreign Language Center.
- 2015 – The Honors Program at the University of South Florida at St. Petersburg (Thomas W. Smith, Director) for “The St. Petersburg Conference on World Affairs.”
- 2014 – Rosemary Weston Gil, Eastern Michigan University (Global Michigan Program).
- 2012 – David Rudd, Arcadia University (ATLAS Initiative).
- 2011 – James P. Johnson, Rollins College (The Consortium for Undergraduate International Business Education).
- 2009 – Rosina C. Chia and Elmer Poe, East Carolina University (Global Academic Initiatives).
- 2009 – Stefanos Gialamas, American Community Schools of Athens (Summer Leadership Institute, Institute for Critical and Creative Thinking).
- 2008 – Jeffrey Aube, University of Kansas and Oliver Reiser, Regensburg University (A Transatlantic Dual Degree Program in Chemistry).
- 2007 – Gordon B. Smith, The Richard L. Walker Institute of International and Area Studies,University of South Carolina.
- 2006 – Kathryn Chang Barker, FuturEd, Inc.
- 2005 – Kenton Lewis, St. George's Hospital Medical School of the University of London (Widening Access to Medical Education).
- 2004 – Carol Fimmen, Western Illinois University.
- 2003 – Gale Young, California State University, Hayward (A Principle-Based Partnership: CSU Hayward and Peninsula Technikon).
- 2002 – James K. Carr, Ohio State University ATI Wooster (An International Experience in Residential Construction).
TOSNEY AWARD FOR DISTINGUISHED HIGHER EDUCATION LEADERSHIP
- 2015 – Peter Lange, Duke University.
- 2014 – Harold Hellenbrand, California State University, Northridge.
- 2012 – Joseph S. Brosnan, Delaware Valley College.
- 2010 – Cory L. Duckworth, Utah Valley University.
- 2009 – Karol A. LaCroix, Granite State College.
- 2007 – Salvatore G. Rotella, Riverside Community College.
- 2006 – Robert M. Coard, Urban College of Boston.
- 2005 – Glenn A. Goerke, University of Houston.
- 2005 – Francis E. Hazard, Urbana University.
- 2004 – John Nazarian, Rhode Island College.
- 2003 – Bob H. Suzuki, California State Polytechnic University, Pomona.
- 2002 – William Lee Dandridge, Leslie University.
MCINNIS/RYAN MID-CAREER LEADERSHIP AWARD
- 2016 – William Austin, Warren County Community College
- 2016 – Scott Newman, Oklahoma State University Institute of Technology
- 2015 – Daniel F. Mahony, Kent State University.
MACVITTIE EMERGING LEADER AWARD
- 2016 – Judson C Edwards, Troy University.
- 2015 – Sydney Freeman, Jr., Tuskegee University.
- 2014 – Scott E. Miller, Edinboro University of Pennsylvania.
- 2012 – Andrea L. Beach, Western Michigan University.
- 2011 – Damon P. S. Andrew, Troy University.
- 2010 – Michele M. Cuomo, Queensborough Community College, City University of New York.
- 2010 – Constantin Rasinariu, Columbia College Chicago.
KING AWARD FOR COLLEGE AND UNIVERSITY TRUSTEE LEADERSHIP
- 2016 – William B. McIlwaine, Millersville University of Pennsylvania.
- 2015 – James Otieno, Palo Alto University.
DONALD A. GATZKE DISSERTATION AWARD
- 2016 – Joshua D. Merchant: From Altrusim to Investment: Venture Philanthropy and Its Impact on Shared Governance at Liberal Arts Colleges (Western Michigan University).
- 2015 – Karen Michelle Lee: Impact of a Reaffirmation Accreditation Program on Institutional Assessment Culture (Oakland University).
- 2014 – Pandora Grewe Carlucci: Understanding the Full-Time, Non-Tenure-Track Faculty Appointment (University of Massachusetts Boston).
- 2012 – Kristi D. Caravela: Mimetic, Coercive, and Normative Influences in Institutionalization of Organizational Practices: The Case of Distance Learning in Higher Education (Florida Atlantic University).
- 2011 – Michael C. Komos: Adjunct Faculty Members’ Views on Effective College Teaching: A Case Study (Northern Illinois University).
- 2010 – Kathleen Lis Dean: At the Base of the Bridge: A Case Study of Boundary Spanning by Members of a University’s Presidential Leadership Team (University of Maryland).
- 2009 – Christine C.A. Katsapis: Incidence and Types of Occupational Role Stress Among University Research Administrators (American University).
- 2008 – Tatiana Melguizo: What Types of Colleges Were Doing a Better Job Graduating Minorities in the 1980s and 1990s? (Stanford University).
- 2007 – Rachael Murphey Brown: Allegiance to Race: Racial Identity, Academic Culture, and the Politics of African American Academic Intellectuals (University of North Carolina Chapel Hill).
- 2006 – James R. Johnsen: Leadership in Context: A Case Study of Presidential Effectiveness (University of Pennsylvania).
NEUNER AWARD FOR EXCELLENCE IN PROFESSIONAL – SCHOLARLY PUBLICATION
- 2016 - Floyd F. Quinn, Brian K. Miller, Debbie M. Thorne (Texas State University), “Diversity Management and Public Orientation as Predictors of Service Orientation in Higher Education.”
- 2015 – Robert S. Balough and Rose M. Logue (Clarion University), “Strategies for Successful Implementation of Responsibility Centered Budgeting in Mid-Sized Universities.”
WATSON AWARD FOR EXCELLENCE IN PROFESSIONAL – SCHOLARLY PRESENTATION
- 2016 – Karen M. Lee (University of San Diego), “The Impact of Accreditation Reaffirmation on Institutional Assessment Culture.”
- 2015 – Holly Hoffman, Elizabeth Kirby, Barbara Klocko, Dale-Elizabeth Pehrsson, (Central Michigan University), “Creating a Culture of Scholarship in a Teaching College.”
LEO AND MARGARET GOODMAN-MALAMUTH DISSERTATION AWARD
- 2016 – Liz Gross (Cardinal Stritch University), ““An Examination of the Relationship Between the Communication Methods Used in Out-of-Class Student-Faculty Interactions and the Content and Frequency of Those Interactions.”
- 2015 – Ian Phillip Neuhard: Evaluating Florida’s Policy of Expanding Access through Community College Baccalaureate Degrees: An Analysis of Enrollment Trends, Demographic Characteristics and Systemic Impacts (University of Florida); and Stephanie A Schmitt: Assessment and Ranking Efforts: The Effects on Institutional and Program Level Change (University of North Carolina).
- 2014 – Camille Broussard Wise: No Crystal Stair: Narratives of Female Community College Presidents of Color (Drexel University).
- 2012 – Deborah J. Bradford: Emerging and Disruptive Technologies for Education: An Analysis of Planning Implementation, and Diffusion in Florida’s Eleven State University System Institutions (University of Central Florida).
- 2011 – Jesus Fernandez: Factors that Differentiate Persistence Beyond the First Session at a For-Profit University (Florida International University).
- 2010 – Ryan E. Smerek: Sensemaking and Sensegiving” Leadership Processes of New College Presidents (University of Michigan).
- 2009 – Christine Smith: The Person Next to You on the Bus Probably has a Graduate Degree: A Study of the Expansion of Graduate Education (State University of New York at Albany).
- 2008 – James M. Owston: Survival of the Fittest? The Rebranding of West Virginia Higher Education (Marshall University).
- 2007 – Susan Beck-Frazier: Perceptions of Selected University Deans’ Leadership Behavior (East Carolina University).
- 2006 – Loren J. Rullman: Sources of College Student Political Cynicism (Indiana University).
A.A.U.A. DISTINGUISHED SERVICE AWARD
- 2011 – Abour Cherif, DeVry University.
- 2009 – Jerome L. Neuner, Canisius College.
- 2007 – Dan L. King, Queensborough Community College, City University of New York.